As we already are three weeks into 2016 I’m pretty late to the party when it comes to all of that “I’m looking forward to XYZ in 2016”-business. But then…. WHO CARES?! I certainly don’t – as long as I have something to look forward to.
Anyway…look at these 10 things I look forward to in 2016!
1. I’m in Munich these days and I will continue to be here until the end of February because I’m interning at Gärtnerplatztheater. The production is quite fun and come February there are a couple of interesting things happening I’ve never done before as a dramaturg (one in particular….)
2. Right after I return to Berlin in the end of February I’ll be starting to write my Master thesis. While I guess that might be a scary thought for many people I actually look forward to writing. I cannot wait to hang around libraries with my writing buddies (you know who you are and you know I’m looking at YOU right now!).
3. Seeing so many of my friends graduate. With me there are is a number of my friend graduating from different kinds of study programmes. And as dreaful as this thought might be and I simply don’t know what will be next for me as excited am I to see what we all will be.
4. Just today I put a date into my diary for April, a lovely woman I met in Vienna when I was there this past September and I are gonna meet up in Hamburg to see the German production of Disney’s Aladdin. Because why not splurge when you might be facing unemployment from fall on, right?
5. Creating – in 2016 I want to stress creativity in my life, again. I used to make a lot of things happening when I was younger: I’d write like a maniac, make up stories, you name it. This year I’m hopefully FINALLY going to teach myself how to sew and I’m going to knit 52 pairs of socks in 2016 (I’m on pair 6 right now…) and I hopefully will be able to translate a little more.
6. Putting some work into solving some personal problems. This is something I can’t write a lot about since it’s rather personal, but let me just say: I finally worked up some courage to face some of my problems. This year. First step is to be taken 1.5 months from now.
7. Maybe travelling over to NYC this summer. You never can be sure what will happen but I hope I can make it. I’m thinking about the second half of July.
8. Having an essay of mine properly published. In a book. Hopefully. I mean it’s handed in and talked about and now we wait…let’s wait together.
9. Turning 25. I’ve been wanting to properly be a “mid twenties”-girl for some time now. It’s happening, folks, it’s happening.
10. People tend to know that I’m not really good when it comes to changes. But this year – in case it will come to changes (read: in case I’ll get a job straight after graduating) I’m totally up for them. Yep. Quote me on that.